Print Advertising Design
Often times an advertising campaign will begin with a print ad of some sort and grow from there. Usually, in the case of STRAINWISE®, I would begin by creating a large double-truck ad (2-page spread) with all of the specials. Keeping in mind that the Westword is printed on newsprint paper, the colors had to shift brighter due to the darker substrate they’d be printed on. I also had to keep dot gain, how much the ink spreads on the paper, in mind when designing. This meant limiting the size of the print used in the ad. This was especially important for the fine print.
Advertising Campaign Expanded
With the double-truck ad was completed I was able to bring the design into other layouts for use in other channels.
- 8.5in x 11in @ 300dpi – for in-store flyers
- 618px x 800px – Electronic version for news blasts and blog posts
- 2048px x 2048px – Electronic version for social media posting
- 828px x 315px – Electronic version for Facebook Cover photos
- 200px x 200px – Electronic version for Facebook Profile photos
- Rework copy to 140 characters or fewer for SMS blasting
This ensured that we were able to maximize content exposure to our audience via multiple channels.